Sunday, August 24, 2008

Post-Midnight Madness

After just completing 3 full-length articles in a row (yes, fun-seekers, you can read them by clicking on my name on the right side of this page), I just realized it is after 2:00am. I don't know if Hurricane Fay is in Florida or in my backyard. I don't know what is going on with Russia and Georgia. It has been a research and writing frenzy.

I wouldn't have even known that Biden was chosen by Obama had it not been headlined as I entered into my e-mail servers opening page. (Honestly, of all the things that I could have stumbled upon that I missed during my writing frenzy, Obama's new romance with Biden was not what I would have hoped for!)

In the end, I guess I have to ask myself - "Did I lose today as a result of writing or did I gain something by putting something out there that might be useful to someone?"

I really have to wonder that as I sit here under the only lit light in the house, suddenly realizing that everyone has long gone to sleep, everything shut off and locked down. The worst part? I didn't even notice!

Did I robotically answer questions that were asked of me and just don't remember? Gosh I hate that when people do that to me!

Tomorrow will be a better day Inshallah (God-willing). I will post a note above my computer that says "Don't forget to stop and smell the roses today".

No comments: