Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My New Hejiri Calender Widget!

This post is just to direct your attention to the Hejiri calender on the right side of the Blog. I thought it was tres "sweet", as the kids say. You can click on it to get one of your own.

For you non-Muslims reading this, I know you have just been dying to know what a Hejiri calender is? Am I right? No, it is not a countdown to some nuclear event - shame on you!

The Hejiri calender's year one began at the time that the Muslims migrated to Madina from Mecca, well 1429 years ago, to be exact. The migration to Madina was a pivotal point in the beginning of Muslim society breaking free from the oppression of the Quraish of Mecca. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. (Okay, it's a lot more than that, but I am sure if you want to know more you will either ask or Google it anyway).

Can you tell by my post it is almost midnight?

No comments: