Tuesday, August 26, 2008

About this Blog

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who gave me input - positive or negative - on my Blog. As it states at the top - the postings are simply the musings of my Muslim mind at any given time.

Why? Well, frankly there are a lot of people out there that wonder "What are those Muslims thinking?" Maybe they think we spend our days and nights thinking about and building Katushya rockets or set in a permanent state of Sujud (prostration).

I simply wanted to provide a place for the curious to peek in and perchance learn something - even if it is only to learn that we are just as normal or as weird as everyone else in the world. What sets us apart is our own words, thoughts and actions.

Some times I might be posting an interesting article someone sent me that I think deserves some exposure (like the one below). Other times, I may just feel I have to rant about something - whether silly or compelling, political or religious, funny or serious.

For those who want just the serious stuff, I do write for Suite101.com in various departments and I welcome you to check those out. They are in the areas of Islam, Environmentalism, Religious Intolerance, Politics and probably other areas I can't think of right now.

I make no apologies for seeing the world with a Muslim world view - but it is a fair and just view. As a freelance writer and journalist, I promise that all of the available facts have been examined and reviewed in my articles.

Hence, this Blog. This Blog is just me being me, most of the time - something I cannot do in my articles. So have fun with it - get mad at it - learn something from it - or hit control-alt-delete if it pleases you more.

Have a wonderful evening (or day)!

No comments: