Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Laylat El-Qadr

Laylat el-Qadr (the Night of Power) is estimated to occur during the last 10 days of Ramadan. Many speculate that it is the 27th night, others say it is any odd night. I think it is best to say that Allah alone knows best.

Having said that, I just had to share somthing. While I was praying Taraweeh alone tonight, the ground trembled beneath my feet. When I would finish each 2 rakats, it would stop. Let me make it more clear: Whenever I was reading Qur'an out loud or making du'a aloud, the ground shook, subhanAllah - when I would stop, nothing. I literally thought that I was going to fall through the floor.

I just wanted to share that and see if anyone else had a similar experience tonight, as we are in the last ten nights of Ramadan. You can ridicule me all you want, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

One more thing... during the second week of Ramadan, I happened to be making more du'a than usual while facing the heavens, and a shooting star shot down exactly where I was looking. It really sent happy shivers down my spine. There is barely over a week of Ramadan left, everyone. Let's try to get the most out of it!

Salam!

No comments: