Monday, September 1, 2008

First Iftar (Fast-Breaking) of Ramadan

All of you will be greatly relieved that I did not spend my first Iftar eating a Hot Pocket alone. I was invited to break fast with a very lovely family and my son who had just arrived back from the conference.

Here is a "shout out" to that family: "Jazakum Allahu khairan" (May God reward you with Good). You know who you are. What a wonderful Indian meal - MMMmmmmmm!

I still have my name on that Hot Pocket though - this time for Suhur (the meal before beginning the fasting day).

Here is my question though - I was told that they didn't see my blog yet (only because I wondered if they had seen Brother Ali's video "Ramadan Reruns" on it) and all I got was shrugged shoulders - yet when we were leaving, the sister gave me a container of dates saying, "You said you didn't have any dates". All fine and dandy - God bless her.

This is where it gets interesting folks... I didn't mention anything about having or not having dates - but it IS written in my blog below. How embarrassing! Do you think I got a pity invite?

Well, everyone, here is how to do it - if you want to get invited somewhere for Iftar announce that you are planning on staying home alone and eating a Hot Pocket!

No comments: